Dear Brothers & Sisters:
On April 23, 2015 a meeting was held in Montrèal with the IAMAW Transportation District 140 President and Directing General Chairperson Fred Hospes and the IAMAW Local Lodge Presidents from across the country, who represent Members working for Air Canada, to discuss the structure and the election process for the TMOS National Bargaining Committee.
After an extensive discussion, the following consensus was reached:
The 2016 TMOS National Bargaining Committee will have a total of twelve (12) Members:
LL 1763 – 1 Member from either Technical Operations or Customer Service
LL 1751 – 1 Member from Technical Operations and 1 Member from Customer Service
LL 2323 – 2 Members from Technical Operations and 2 Members from Customer Service
LL 714 – 1 Member from either Technical Operations or Customer Service
LL 1681 – 1 Member from Technical Operations and 1 Member from Customer Service
LL 764 – 1 Member from Technical Operations and 1 Member from Customer Service
When the TMOS National Bargaining Committee is convened business will proceed as follows:
• Negotiations representatives from the Technical Operations group and the Customer Service group will deal with their specific issues at separate tables as sub-Committees of the TMOS National Bargaining Committee.
• A General Chairperson from the Technical Operations group will chair the Technical Operations sub-Committee and a General Chairperson from the Customer Service group will Chair the Customer Service sub-Committee.
• Wages, benefits and all common issues will be dealt with by the combined Committee at the main table.
• The final Tentative Agreement will be subject to ratification of the entire TMOS Bargaining Unit.
• Members who are designated to move to another position/location will exercise their voting rights at the location they are physically in at the time of the vote.
Please consult with your Local Lodge’s bulletin boards and websites for further information and timelines on Local Lodge TMOS Bargaining Committee representative(s) nominations and elections process.
Fred Hospes, President & Directing General Chairperson
Transportation District 140, IAMAW